Slip and fall accidents, though not the most common, are still far more prevalent in our society than we’d like to admit. Unfortunately, they can happen just about anywhere, such as parking lots, sidewalks, supermarkets, hotels, and more. No matter where your accident happened, if you have recently sustained an injury due to a negligent property owner, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you through the premises liability claims process. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do after a slip and fall accident in Maryland?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Maryland, you should do several things to maximize your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. They are as follows
- Your health is the most important thing, which is why the first thing you should do is call the police, who will send an ambulance to tend to your injuries and transport you to a hospital.
- From here, you should take pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused the accident, as oftentimes, the negligent party will try and “cover-up” what happened. Do not let this happen.
- Next, you should ask anyone who saw the accident for their phone number or email so they may provide testimony on your behalf.
- Once you are at the hospital and in stable condition, ask for all documents pertaining to your injuries, as our firm can use these to support your claim.
- Finally, retain the services of an attorney you can trust, and one who you know has been helping the wrongly injured for years. Timian & Fawcett, LLC are here to fight for the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations for slip and fall accident injuries in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for premises liability lawsuits in Maryland is three years, which grants individuals three years from the date of their accident to take legal action against a negligent property owner. Do not make the mistake of waiting to file–the sooner you bring your case to our attention, the sooner we can get working on winning you the compensation you deserve and need to get back on your feet again.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C. and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.