Our firm is dedicated to providing our clients with compassionate, worry-free legal assistance when they need it most. We know the claims process can be nerve-wracking, which is why we have written a guide to help get you started. Please read on and speak with our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys to learn more about how to begin the claims process. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I bring to my first meeting with a personal injury attorney?
Our firm is unwaveringly committed to giving all of our clients our undivided attention and efforts. However, though we will handle the legal aspect of your case, we will also need you to hold up your end by providing us with some basic information regarding the incident that caused your injuries. That being said, certain types of documents and evidence are generally difficult for civilians to obtain, such as security camera footage of an accident, however, we have provided a list below of some of the most helpful information you can bring to your initial consultation. Some of this information is as follows:
- Photographs or videos of the accident, whether taken by you or a bystander
- Medical documents detailing the origin and extent of your injuries
- Police reports filed at the scene of the accident–this is part of why it is so crucial you contact local authorities immediately after an accident occurs
- Your health insurance information
- Your auto insurance information, if the accident occurred on the road
- The contact information of anyone who witnessed your accident, including business cards, phone numbers, emails, or any other valid means for our firm to get in touch
- Any financial hardship you have incurred as a result of the accident, such as lost wages or hefty medical bills
What additional information will my attorney ask of me?
You must understand that since every injury claim is different, the questions our firm will ask will vary on a case-by-case basis. That being said, there are many straightforward, basic questions our firm will need to know to establish how the accident happened, and why you believe you deserve compensation. For example, our firm will ask how, in your words, did the accident happen, how you are feeling now, whether (and where) you are currently employed, whether you have ever been involved in an accident, and if so, whether the past accident was your fault, and whether you have had any contact with your insurance company or the negligent party’s insurance company regarding the most recent accident.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C. and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.