If you have sustained injuries in a parking lot accident due to the negligence of another party, you are likely looking to file a personal injury claim. To learn more about how you can file a successful claim to recover the compensation you deserve, continue reading and contact our Prince George’s County parking lot accident attorneys.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
Many different factors may play a role in causing a parking lot accident. However, the most common cause of parking lot accidents is negligence. The following are the most common forms of negligence to result in parking lot accidents:
- Standing water
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
- Inadequate security
What should I do after a parking lot accident?
Consider taking the following steps while you are still at the scene of your parking lot accident to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim:
- Alert the police of your accident and request medical assistance. The police will be able to document the accident by conducting a police report. They will also bring an ambulance to the scene to treat any injuries.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of your accident including any hazards that may have played a role in your accident.
- As soon as the ambulance arrives, seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury, it is best to be observed by a medical professional in case injuries arise later on.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation after your treatment.
- Reach out to our experienced Prince George’s County personal injury attorneys who will fight for your right to compensation.
What is the statute of limitations for parking lot accident claims in Maryland?
In Maryland, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally three years. This means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your claim. The sooner you can file your claim, the better. To get started as soon as possible, give our firm a call today to schedule your initial consultation. Our legal team will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.