Motorcycle accidents are serious. If you were hurt in one, you will need to retain the services of our experienced Prince George’s County motorcycle accident attorneys. Our legal team is on your side. Give us a call today to learn more about your options.
What are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Maryland?
There are a number of different causes of motorcycle accidents. However, most of them are a result of driver negligence. While many negligent auto drivers will walk away unharmed from a motorcycle accident, this is not usually the case with a motorcyclist. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Maryland include:
- Driving while tired or fatigued
- Driving while distracted
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Failure to comply with traffic lights, signs, and other road rules
- Texting while driving
- Eating, smoking or navigating directions while driving
- Failure to look before merging or changing lanes
- Tailing motorcyclists
What should I do after a motorcycle accident?
If you were injured and would like to pursue legal action, you will want to make sure that you obtain as much evidence as you can to satisfy the burden of proof. You can accomplish this by taking the following measures immediately after your accident if you are able to do so:
- Call 911 and ensure both the police and an ambulance arrive on the scene. The police will create a police report that can later help a prospective claim. Make sure you seek immediate medical attention on the scene. Once you have been treated for your injuries, gather all of the medical documents relating to your injuries. This should include a specified date, time, and the extent and origin of your injuries.
- Gather the other party’s insurance information. If you can, keep this conversation brief. Avoid apologizing to the other party.
- Take plenty of photos of the damage caused by the accident. This will include photos of the vehicles and any property involved.
- Speak with witnesses if possible and collect their contact information. This could later help support your claim.
- Lastly, reach out to a Maryland personal injury attorney to create your claim. An experienced attorney has the ability to collect security camera footage of your accident. This is typically the most effective way to prove a personal injury claim.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.