Maryland and the D.C. Metro Area have some of the most traveled roads in America. Congestion is not the only issue people face in and around our communities. Drivers have to share the road with some careless and downright dangerous drivers that refuse to take others’ safety into account. Injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents can range in severity. While most accidents end with the vehicle taking the brunt of the force, others end with tragic results, depending on the size of the vehicles involved and the speed at which they travel. If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident of any kind, our Prince George’s County motor vehicle accident lawyers are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers | Ready to Fight for You
Auto accidents can have significant and long-term impacts on a person’s life. If you’ve been harmed in a motor vehicle crash due to no fault of your own, we are here to be your number one legal advocate through each phase of the personal injury claims process ahead. Reach out to us so we can get started working on your case.
Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Timian & Fawcett, LLC handles a wide range of motor vehicle accidents for clients in Maryland and Washington D.C., including, but not limited to:
- Car Accidents: Here in Maryland, car accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accident that we see. Unfortunately, car accidents are also responsible for the majority of auto accident injuries. That said, if you’ve been hurt in a car accident due to no fault of your own, you likely are entitled to compensation, and our seasoned motor vehicle accident lawyers can help you pursue it.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents, proportionately, are responsible for more fatalities than any other type of accident. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident as a result of another driver’s negligence, Timian & Fawcett, LLC is here to fight for full and fair compensation on your behalf.
- Commercial Truck Accidents: Accidents involving commercial trucks (often referred to as 18-wheelers) can be devastating. The size and weight of commercial trucks dwarf other vehicles on the road, and as a result, when they collide, other motorists are often critically injured.
- Mass Transit Accidents: Many people in the state of Maryland rely on buses and trains to get them safely from place to place. While accidents involving vehicles of mass transit are rarer than other types of auto accidents, they still happen, and if you’ve been wrongfully injured in such an accident, you are entitled to competent legal representation who can fight for the compensation you deserve and need to heal.
- Bicycle Accidents: When cyclists are involved in accidents with other motor vehicles, they will frequently sustain devastating, permanent injuries. If you’re an injured cyclist, Timian & Fawcett, LLC is here to fight for you.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrian accidents most commonly occur when motorists ignore traffic lights or signs or drive while distracted. Regardless of the cause of your accident, however, if you’ve been injured as a pedestrian and a careless motorist is to blame, our legal team is here to hold them accountable.
- Passenger Accidents: Passengers are often made the unfortunate victims of motor vehicle accidents. Whether the accident was caused by your driver or another motorist altogether, you deserve to be adequately compensated. Timian & Fawcett, LLC has extensive experience representing injured passengers in personal injury claims, and we are prepared to put that experience to work for you in your case.
Determining Liability After an Auto Accident
Auto accidents can happen in a flash, which is why determining liability (the party responsible) isn’t always easy. That said, after an auto accident injury, you should do what you can to document the incident, as this can help establish liability at a later date. For example, if possible, you should try to take the following steps after a motor vehicle collision:
- Call the police.
- Get witness contact information.
- Get the other driver’s insurance information (and never apologize for the accident).
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle.
- Seek immediate medical treatment, even if you don’t feel particularly injured initially; some injuries take days, or even weeks, to set in.
- Keep copies of all medical documentation regarding your injuries.
- Retain the services of our seasoned motor vehicle accident lawyers who can help you gather and present all other evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim.
As long as we can satisfy the burden of proof, you should receive financial compensation to help offset the physical, financial, and emotional burdens you’ve incurred as a result of your motor vehicle accident.
Filing Your Claim On Time
The statute of limitations for most motor vehicle accidents here in the state of Maryland, is, typically, three years. Simply put, this means you are required to file your personal injury claim (in most cases) within three years of the date your accident occurred. You should note, however, that some cases demand a lawsuit be filed even sooner, so it is paramount that you simply retain the services of a seasoned lawyer as soon after your accident as you can. Timian & Fawcett, LLC is a personal injury law firm located in Prince George’s County that has been dedicated to fighting for accident victims throughout the state of Maryland for years. If you’re hurt and you need a legal advocate in your corner, you can have confidence in your decision to turn to us.
Contact Our Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident and believe that negligence was a factor, it is important to consider your legal options. Our firm provides zealous representation to clients in Maryland and Washington D.C. who are victims of negligence. To consult with an effective and experienced law firm, contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC for a free, initial consultation.