When an individual is involved in an accident due to the negligence of another person, they may be the victim of a traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injuries can be completely devastating and change a person’s entire life. That being said, when an individual does sustain a traumatic brain injury due to another party’s negligence, they may want to pursue a personal injury lawsuit in an effort to recover damages for the financial and non-financial burdens caused by the accident.
Some of the different damages that may be recoverable after a brain injury include the following:
- The initial visit to the emergency room
- Any surgeries and hospitalization
- Testing such as scans, diagnostic imaging, and more
- Physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy
- Modifications to the individual’s home and vehicle that must be made
- Prescription medication
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of wages and benefits
- Psychological counseling due to the emotional aspects of the injury
Not only can an individual seek damages for the financial burdens they face, but also for the non-financial burdens, such as:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of independence
- Loss of relationship
If you have been the victim of a traumatic brain injury in the Maryland or Washington D.C. area, contact our firm today.
Timian & Fawcett, LLC is proud to serve clients throughout Maryland and Washington D.C. when they need strong legal representation after being injured in an accident. If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.