If you have sustained injuries in a car accident recently, you may be seeking to recover financial compensation. To learn more about how you can file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your damages following a car accident, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, give our experienced Maryland personal injury attorney a call today. Here are some questions you may have:
What are the most common causes of car accidents in Maryland?
Negligence is the most common cause of car accidents. The following dangerous and negligence driving behaviors are the most common factors that lead to car accidents in Maryland:
- Driving while under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Using a mobile device while driving
- Disregarding road signs
- Failure to yield
- Texting while driving
What steps should I take after being injured in a car accident?
To protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim, take the following steps immediately following your car accident:
- Call 911. The police will bring medical attention to the scene and document the scene by conducting a police report.
- While you wait for the ambulance, collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident and your injuries.
- Collect the other party’s insurance information.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will walk you through the steps of the claiming filing process ahead.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland?
In Maryland, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally three years. This means that you will have three years from the date of your car accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. It is best to take action as soon as possible following your accident. Failure to take legal action may result in you being barred from suing. To get started with this process as soon as possible, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today. We will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal. Give our firm a call today.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.