Apartment accidents are serious. If you were injured in one, you will need to retain the services of our experienced Prince George’s County personal injury attorneys. Our legal team is on your side and is committed to ensuring that you receive the compensation you need to heal.
What are the common causes of apartment accidents in Maryland?
There are a number of different ways that apartment accidents can occur. However, most of them are a direct result of landlord negligence. In the event that landlords fail to supply their tenants with safe living conditions, their tenants can sustain injuries. The following are the most typical causes of apartment accidents:
- Failure to ensure stairways are safe
- Poorly lit parking lots
- Tenants failing to remove snow or other weather-related hazards
- Failure to install smoke alarms
- Failure to install carbon monoxide detectors
- Unsafe apartment sidewalks
How long will I have to take legal action against my landlord?
Personal injury claims are time-sensitive. The statute of limitations is generally three years for personal injury claims in Maryland. This suggests that you will have three years from the date of your apartment accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. That is why the quicker you take legal action, the better. If you wait longer than the allocated time, you may lose the opportunity to file the claim entirely. Contact our firm today to start this process as soon as possible and ensure that you meet each of your claim’s important deadlines. Contact us to learn more about our services and how we can best serve you and obtain the compensation you need to heal.
What steps should I take after my accident?
If you would like to pursue legal action after your apartment accident, be sure to obtain as much evidence as possible. You can accomplish this by taking the following steps right after your accident:
- Call the police. They will dispatch an ambulance to the scene of your accident and document the accident by conducting a police report.
- Notify your landlord of the accident.
- Take photos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney who will perform to satisfy the burden of proof to retrieve the compensation you need to move forward.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C. and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.