Auto accidents, slip and falls, incidents of medical malpractice and more can all leave individuals seriously injured and in need of financial compensation. We are here to help you fight for that compensation. The first step in doing so is conducting an initial consultation, where we can familiarize yourself with your case so we can best proceed. Here are some of the questions you may have about your initial consultation with our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys:
What do I need to bring to my first meeting with a personal injury attorney?
Several types of documents and evidence can help illuminate the big picture of your accident that you should always bring to your initial consultation with your personal injury attorney if you can. Some of those documents are as follows:
- Pictures or videos of any damage to your property or body.
- Your insurance information, such as car insurance, health insurance, your homeowner policy, and any other type of insurance that may be impacted by your accident.
- Any correspondence you have had with the opposing party or their insurance company.
- A written statement of your version of how the accident occurred.
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
- Medical records regarding your injuries, as well as any receipts detailing the cost of those injuries, such as medical bills, the cost of in-home care, the number of wages lost due to being unable to return to work, and more.
What will my attorney need to know about my accident?
Your attorney will ask you several questions regarding the circumstances surrounding your incident so he can best approach your claim. Some of the most important things your attorney will need to know are as follows:
- How your injuries affect your daily life
- Whether this was your first accident.
- Whether you’ve ever been injured in an accident and filed a lawsuit before.
- What the doctor’s official prognosis is.
- Whether you spoke with another lawyer or insurance representatives about the incident.
- Whether you submitted a statement about the accident to your insurance company.
Though this may sound like an exhaustive amount of information, the truth is, the more you can provide us with, the better we can help you win the compensation you need to move forward with your life. If you have been wrongly injured, speak with our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys today. We are here to help.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.