If you have been involved in a parking lot accident that has led to serious injuries, it is important that you retain the services of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
There are many factors that may play a role in causing a parking lot accident. When filing a personal injury claim, you will need to prove the type of negligence that led to your accident. The most common causes of parking lot accidents are as follows:
- Standing water
- Inadequate security
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
It is important to have a plan after being injured in a parking lot accident. Take the following steps to protect yourself and set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim:
- Call the police. They will conduct a police report to document the accident. Police will also bring an ambulance to the scene.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury, it is best to be treated medically in case injuries are to arise later on.
- While you wait for the ambulance, take photos of the scene of your accident as well as your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses ‘ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- After you have been treated for your injuries, collect all medical documentation relating to the event. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries
- Reach out to an experienced Maryland personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally three years in Maryland. This is important to understand because this means that you will have three years to file your personal injury claim. To avoid being permanently barred from suing, take legal action within this period of time. The sooner you bring attention to your claim by reaching out to an experienced personal injury attorney, the better. To get started with this process, contact our firm today to discuss our services.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C. and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.