This Labor Day, it is important to consider the reality that comes with swimming in the pool. Though it is great to enjoy the day by the pool with your family, you must also consider the risks that come with swimming. Continue reading to discover the most important pool safety tips to consider this Labor Day.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
To keep your loved ones safe this Labor Day, there are a few important safety tips to consider when spending time by the pool. Consider the following safety tips over the long weekend:
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
If you have been injured in a swimming pool that you believe was caused by the pool owner’s negligence, you may be seeking financial compensation. To file a successful personal injury claim, you will first need to retain the services of an experienced attorney who will work to prove negligence in a premises liability claim. To do this, your attorney will work to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. This will be completed by providing evidence to support the claim such as photos of the scene, medical documentation relating to your injuries, witness statements, and more. To learn more about if you are eligible for compensation following a pool accident, contact our knowledgeable personal injury attorney. We will fight for our client’s right to compensation so that they can get back to their lives.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C. and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.