Nothing feels better than a refreshing dip in the pool on a hot summer’s day. With Memorial Day festivities fastly approaching, it is time to brush up on some important pool safety precautions to consider all season long. Continue reading to discover some of the most important safety tips to utilize when hanging around the pool this summer. It is unfortunately too common for pools to be the scene of life-changing accidents. Contact our firm today if you believe you have been injured as a result of a pool owner’s negligence. You may be entitled to compensation.
Pool Safety Precautions
Before opening the pool for the season this Memorial Day, consider these pool safety precautions to keep you and your loved ones safe while poolside. The following tips should be considered every time you take a dive into your favorite swimming pool:
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Do not swim while intoxicated
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
Pool accidents cause serious injuries and deaths every year. If you are a victim of a swimming pool accident due to the negligence of a pool owner, you may be entitled to compensation. The first step you should take to achieve this compensation is to hire a knowledgeable personal injury claims lawyer who will help you prove negligence in a premises liability claim. Your attorney will work to prove that your accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. Your attorney will retrieve all appropriate evidence necessary to back this statement including medical documents of your injuries, witnesses’ statements, and photos of the pool. To begin this process, reach out to our Maryland personal injury lawyer. We will walk you through the legal process ahead.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.