If you have been recently injured in a stairwell accident due to no fault of your own, continue reading to learn the steps you should take to protect yourself and to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim. You may be eligible to recover compensation for your damages. Reach out to our experienced personal injury lawyer to learn more about this process and how we can assist you in filing your claim. Give us a call today to schedule your initial consultation to get started.
What are the most common causes of stairwell accidents?
The most common causes of stairwell accidents are as follows:
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Poor lighting in the stairwell
- Damaged steps
- Loose railings
- Missing steps
- Inadequate security
What steps should I take after being injured in a stairwell accident?
The best way to protect yourself after a stairwell accident is to have a plan. Take the following steps after sustaining injuries in an accident:
- Call 911. The police will bring medical assistance to the scene and conduct a police report to document the accident.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, take photos and videos of the hazards that led to your accident.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Collect all medical documents relating to your treatment.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to receive the financial compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is generally three years. This means that you will have three years from the date of your stairwell accident to bring attention to your claim. It is important that you take action within this time period because failure to file your claim within this time period may risk you being barred from suing. The sooner you bring attention to your claim, the better. To get started with this process as soon as possible, contact our knowledgeable personal injury attorney today to schedule your initial consultation. We will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve to heal.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C. and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.