If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal. Continue reading to learn the steps to take after being injured in a car accident. If you are in search of a Maryland personal injury attorney, reach out to our firm today to discuss our services and to learn how we can assist you in filing your personal injury claim. We want our clients to get back to their lives as soon as possible.
What are the most common causes of car accidents in Maryland?
Some of the most common causes of car accidents are negligence and human error. The following are the dangerous and negligent driving behaviors that result in the most common car accidents in Maryland:
- Distracted driving
- Disregarding road signs
- Failure to yield
- Texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Using a mobile device while driving
What steps should I take after being injured in a car accident?
After being injured in a car accident, it is important to have a plan. Take the following steps to protect yourself and your future personal injury claims:
- Call the police. They will be able to bring medical attention to the scene and conduct a police report.
- While you wait for the ambulance, collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photos of the scene of the accident including any vehicle and property damage.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Collect the other party’s insurance information.
- Once the ambulance arrives, seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Retain the services of an experienced attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to prove your claim.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations is generally three years for personal injury claims in Maryland. This means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to file your personal injury claim against the negligent party who is responsible for your accident. Failure to take legal action may result in you being barred from suing. It is best to bring attention to your claim as soon as possible by reaching out to our personal injury attorney who will walk you through the claims filing process.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C. and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.