Few accidents are more startling than ones that occur while on foot. Whether you were walking down the sidewalk, shopping in a retail store, or were simply visiting a friend, an accident due to an unsafe property condition can occur. If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, you may require financial compensation via a premises liability claim to help cover the cost of your medical bills, in-home care, and more. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Maryland personal injury attorneys today to learn more about how we can help you through the claims process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:

How do I know if I have a valid premises liability claim?

If you are injured on someone else’s property, you will have to hire an attorney who can prove that the property owner in question either knew or should have known about the unsafe property conditions, failed to take timely action to fix them, and that you sustained significant injuries and damages as a result.

What evidence is best for proving a personal injury claim?

If you are injured on someone else’s property, the first thing you should do is call the police, especially if you are seriously injured. From here, you should take pictures of the unsafe property conditions, ask anyone who saw your accident for their name and phone number so they may corroborate your claim at a later date. Next, you must seek medical attention and receive all medical documentation pertaining to your injuries. Finally, you will have to retain the services of an experienced Maryland personal injury attorney who can gather and present all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof.

How long will I have to sue a property owner for a serious injury in the state of Maryland?

If you are injured in an accident, though you may wish to see if your injuries heal on their own, we cannot advise you to do this, for there is a statute of limitations in place for personal injury claims in Maryland. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is, generally, three years, you will, generally, have three years from the date of your accident to sue the property owner responsible for your injuries. Do not make the mistake of waiting too long, for if you do, you may be time-barred from suing. We can begin the claims process on your behalf today.


If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.