Slip and fall accidents occur when we least expect them. Generally, they are a result of a property owner failing to take certain necessary precautions to ensure all who enter and exit his or her property are safe. If you believe you were injured as a direct result of a property owner who knew, or should have reasonably known about a safety hazard and failed to fix it, you are most likely entitled to financial compensation. We know the severity and urgency of these situations, which is why we are here for you. Please continue reading and reach out to our knowledgeable Maryland personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you through the claims process ahead.
What should I do after being injured in a slip and fall accident?
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, it is imperative that you take several steps to bolster your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. After an accident, ensure you do the following:
- First, call the police, who will send an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Take pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident, that way if the property owner tries to clear them away before the police arrive, you will have already documented the hazard.
- Ask anyone who saw your accident for their contact information so they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Once you are transported to a hospital and treated, be sure to collect medical documentation pertaining to your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Maryland personal injury attorney who knows the ins and outs of the personal injury claim.
How long do I have to sue after a slip and fall accident?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you will have to abide by Maryland’s statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is three years, giving you three years from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible. If you wait any longer than three years, you will most likely be barred from suing. Our firm has helped countless individuals in situations similar to yours through the years, and we have what it takes to do the same for you. Give us a call today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.