Our country owes a great debt to our ambitious construction workers. They have built our country, quite literally, from the ground up. Unfortunately, such a job does not come without risk, which is why various safety restrictions are now in place. However, there are times where supervisors and others do not abide by those rules, and construction workers are unfairly injured as a result. If you are someone who was recently injured in a workplace accident, you must read on and reach out to our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys to learn more about how we can help you through the claims process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What should I do if I am injured in a construction site accident?

If you are someone who has been injured in a construction site accident, you should take several steps to help ensure you have all the documentation you may need to win a future claim. For instance, after an accident, you should:

  1. Call the supervisor and ask that he or she send an ambulance to the scene and file a report of the accident that occurred.
  2. Take pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
  3. Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information so they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
  4. Ask your doctor for all medical documentation pertaining to the origin and extent of your injuries, including how those injuries may prevent you from returning to work.
  5. Retain the services of a knowledgeable Maryland personal injury attorney who will gather and present all additional evidence needed to prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence. For instance, under certain circumstances, we may subpoena security camera footage of the incident as it happened, which is perhaps the best way to prove your injury claim.

What is a third-party claim?

When you are injured on the job, you may wish to file a workers’ compensation claim. However, sometimes these claims to not cover the full extent of your injuries, in which case, your best bet is to file what is known as a third-party claim. Essentially, in a third-party claim, our team of attorneys will seek to hold a third party (not your employer) responsible for your accident so that you may recover the compensation you deserve and need without having to sue your employer and lose your job. Some examples of third parties can include general contractors, architects, negligent equipment designers/manufacturers, and more.


If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.