The Fourth of July is upon us and one of the most important things to be aware of is the safe use of fireworks. While fireworks are a classic for the Fourth of July, it is also essential that individuals are safe about the way they use them. Unfortunately, thousands of people are injured each year due to the use and misuse of fireworks. Some injuries cannot be avoided due to the unpredictable nature of fireworks but others can be injured simply because they aren’t considering safety. The unfortunate reality is that each year people tragically die from fireworks-related accidents.
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind this Fourth of July:
- Be sure to never give fireworks to children, even sparklers.
- Move aware from a firework after it has been lit
- Keep a bucket of water and a hose on hand at all times
- If a firework doesn’t go off as planned, wait for 20 minutes and soak in a bucket of water
- Do not set fireworks off near vehicles or buildings
- Be sure to keep pets safely inside during a fireworks display
If you are injured because another person was negligent while using fireworks, contact our firm today.
Timian & Fawcett, LLC is proud to serve clients throughout Maryland and Washington D.C. when they need strong legal representation after being injured in an accident. If you are the victim of someone else’s negligence, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.