Believe it or not, grocery store accidents are common. They may even lead to severe, life-altering injuries. If you have been recently injured in a grocery store accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation in a personal injury claim. To discover the steps you should take following a grocery store accident that will increase your chances of filing a successful claim, continue reading and reach out to our experienced Maryland personal injury attorney.
What steps should I take after being injured in a grocery store accident?
After being injured in a grocery store accident, it is important to have a plan. Take the following steps immediately after your accident to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim to recover damages for your injuries:
- Call 911. The police will bring medical attention to the scene. Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. The police will also document the accident by filing a police report.
- Alert the store manager of the accident. They should file a store incident report.
- Take photos of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident and injuries.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Collect all medical documentation related to your treatment that state the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a Maryland personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
- Refrain from posting anything to social media after you file your claim.
What is the statute of limitations for grocery store accidents in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for grocery store accident personal injury claims is generally two years in Maryland. This means that you will have two years from the date of your grocery store accident to file your personal injury claim with the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. To begin this process as soon as possible, reach out to our dedicated Maryland personal injury attorney today. Our legal team is prepared to assist you with your claim. We will work to support your claim by recovering further evidence. This may include surveillance footage of the accident as it happened. To learn more about our service and how we can assist you, give our firm a call today to schedule your initial consultation.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you must reach out to one of our knowledgeable attorneys. At Timian & Fawcett, LLC, we provide effective legal services to clients in Prince George’s County, Washington, D.C., and all of Maryland. Our firm is dedicated to assisting our clients. If you need our help, we are ready to serve. Contact Timian & Fawcett, LLC.